Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encrypted self viewing CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostCreekDavid

Programmer
Oct 11, 2007
US
I am writing an application that generates an encrypted CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. This would contain a single patient's medical record, so I would also like it to have viewing software for Windows, Mac would be great, too.

My hope is that the user could pop it into their PC or Mac and it would ask for the username/password, and then allow them to browse through the various PDF and other files, downloading those they need or want.

My software would be run at the doctor's office where the nurse would put a CD in the drive, select the patient, and press the 'Burn' button. The encrypted CD would then be given to the patient.

Is there an API that would work? I have Googled encryption software, and I can see several ways of just encrypting the CD, but it is the display and PC/Mac cross platform that I am struggling with.

Thank you for any help you can give!

David

BTW - my development platform is MS VisualStudio 8, .Net 3.5

Truecrypt can do this with USB drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back