Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encountered a problem with the SEND MAP command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagguCICS

Programmer
Jul 10, 2008
US
Hi,

I am converting a OS/VS CICS cobol program to enterprise cobol. This program reads a database and sends the output to both the screen and a printer.

There is a 'EXEC CICS SEND MAP' command as follows used to send the details to screen.

EXEC CICS SEND
MAP ('PCXEI01')
MAPSET ('PCXEI00')
SET (ADDRESS OF RET-PAGE)
END-EXEC.

After this, I expect the address of the mapset PCXEI00 to get stored in the variable RET-PAGE. I defined the map PCXEI01 in working storage. But, CICS returns an invalid address to RET-PAGE variable after these statements. Actually it prefixes the valid address X'00110588' like 'D4110588'. The prefixed 'D4' makes the address invalid. I found this by debugging the code.

The program is designed to take the address of the mapset from RET-PAGE and send it to the printer. I am trying to fix this but need some help.

Can anyone give some info on this?

Sounds like you've got a 24-bit address. Check to see if you are linking your program AMODE(31) AND RMODE(ANY). While you are at it, check the CICS program and transaction definitions at the same time. The last two won't fix the addressing problem, but they will allow to to get storage from above the line when you have...

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back