Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enclosure for APC Symmetra

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim532

MIS
Nov 28, 2005
US
Just purchased APC Symmetra RM 6 kva. Rack size is 10U and it weighs 390 lbs. I'm looknig for a rack enclosure for it and having trouble find a rack enclosure smaller than 24U that can handle the weight of the unit. I've thought about purchasing a wall mount enclosesure that has an option for rubber feet or casters but they only support about half the weight. Any suggestions?

Do you have to put this into an enclosure?

If you want to put into an enclosure, your not going to find one to support the weight properly less than 42U, that I've seen. The 24U size tend to max out at around 300lbs. The wall mount, which I would never dream of trying to use with this UPS, is much less (around 200lbs max).

You can get a caster kit for the Symetra if you just want to leave it out onto the floor. One part# SYOPT1 is a floor mount kit with casters, the other, SYOPT11, is just a caster kit. Talk to your APC rep to work out which one you might need.

Let me know if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back