Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encapsulating page failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlaguinto

Technical User
Jan 19, 2012
Hello Everyone, I am receiving an error that states:

Error in File [FILE NAME]: Encapsulating page failed.

Unable to retrieve Object.
Error in File [FILE NAME]: Encapsulating page failed.

The report runs fine on my desktop but not on the server through Central Management Console.

I have verified:
ODBC connection is the same on both desktop & server.
Through Design, Database>Verify Database.
Through Design, File>Report Options Show All Headers On Drill Down is not checked.
Through Design, File>Page Setup No Printer is checked.

Crystal Version is XI
Business Objects is 11.5

I did notice that the server is on .NET 3.5SP1 and my desktop is on .NET4. Would this be a contributor to my symptoms?

Thanks in advance!

The .NET versions should have nothing to do with this - BO is not a .NET application. Also, this version of BO came out around the same time as .NET 2.0 - so it won't use either version that you mention.

What are you doing when you get this message? Viewing the report? Running it on a schedule? Is the Cache server running on your BO system? Do you get this error with other reports?

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back