Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enabling wireless calender synch remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvarius

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2002
US
Can one enable wireless synching remotely? Either from BES or via registry key or sys file?
We just upgraded to a new Exchange BES from an older Notes BES. Unfortunately, I discovered how to setup this new function (new to us) only after reinstalling nearly half the desktop managers. I thought I would try to save myself some time and find a way to quickly modify this setting remotely. The admin guide says this must be handled from the desktop software. Also, I cannot find any windows registry keys that I could easily replace remotely. I even looked at files on the hard drive but there appear to be no .ini files or anything of that nature.
Before I bite the bullet and PCAnywhere into all the remote machines...anyone got any ideas?

This involves interaction between Desktop Manager, the handheld unit, and the servers. I doubt it can be done any way except remoting in. I don't think I'd trust any other way - even when you're at the desktop the standard procedure occasionally gives flaky results.

Sorry!

Steve

I think that this information is stored in the users mailbox by the desktop manager, not anywhere in the local registry. You have to wait 'til BES 4.0 to set this thing (and many others) over the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back