Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enabling DLU and make Administrators Power Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITCOM1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
CH
Hello,
We have 1,000 workstations, and all the users are administrators. We would like to make them all power users and use DLU. Is there a TID or can someone help me with getting them from Admin's to Power users. We
want to reserve the Admin on the W2K just for our tech department for repairs or things of that nature.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Dont forget that all your local user data per machine will have the users documents etc when you swith over to DLU. SO for instance if they login with Novell ID then login local to the machine as STAFF or whatever, all there stuff under My Documents etc will still be under the local STAFF and when they login using DLU wont be able to see it on the newly created user that is there Novell ID. Im trying to think of a way to make something to push out that will copy the data over from local STAFF to the new folders. Nothing comes to mind so far. My options seem limited at this point. Other than manually going to each machine and copying the data by hand. Will get back to you if I figure anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back