Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enableing Internet Sharing and Allowing Server Connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasjig

Technical User
Oct 5, 2002
DE
Hmm i dont know if anyone has ever done this or knows what im going on about but ill talk in plain english so everyone can understand, computer talk gets me baffled!!!

Right...

I have a direct cable networking both of my computers together and the main computer with the internet (56k) is running Me.
My other computer is running XP

Both of these computers are fine, both can send files to each other and can both surf the net at the same time...

but...

I also run a game server from my computer. The only way i can get people to connect to this is by diableing Internet Connection Sharing and rebooting then starting server getting my ip address off (Start, Run, Command, Ipconfig and it gives me my ip addy 172 in the 4th Ethernet place and closes the first Ethernet place with my network internet sharing obviously.

Yes they both work fine but the thing i want to do is be able to share internet connection to my other computer and be able to run the server. This means i need both Ethernet 1,4 to be open at the same time as at the moment they can only do one or the other at any one time.

If anyone can help me on this i would be really happy as iv been trying to do this for about 3 weeks now and im seriously getting stressed lol, silly computers!!!

Ty

you can use a software like mailgate to share internet connection..it allow you to run pop3 mail box + internet sharing...

jinaa ibraheem

You need to open ports through ICS for your particular game. Most games have a website FAQ that will tell you the ports that need to be forwarded.

To make it easier to forward ports through ME's ICS version (or any version before Win2k) use this freeware utility:
For some game port suggestions (not an exhaustive list):
For General ICS Troubleshooting Advice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back