Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EnableEvents not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcousticalConsultant

Technical User
Sep 20, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have a database in Excel with entries on single rows. I have developed a userform to display the content of individual entries and allow the user to make changes. There are some calculations involved in the display so when the user makes a change to one of the properties, the results get recalculated. I've dealt with the recalculation by having _Change events on each of my objects (comboBoxes), so that every time something is changed in the userform, it gets recalculated.

However, here's the problem. When I initialize the form, I need to read in all the properties for that entry and stick them in my comboBoxes, but every time the comboBox changes, it calls the recalculation code. This is quite computationally intensive and it takes a while for the form to load. I've tried using

Application.EnableEvents = False

but it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Most of my code is written within the InputForm (which is probably not a great idea, but that's how it started and it kinda snowballed). Would that have anything to do with the EnableEvents property not working ?? Any ideas?

Thanks.
AC

Hi,

It all depends how you have this coded.

Please post your code.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back