Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable Softphone call control for user portal/one-X/mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercenaryCompGenius

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2023
US
I have an IPO500v2 Preferred Edition and the app server running 11.1.2.4, with licensing for Mobile/Office Workers and PowerUsers. I'm told that the User Portal, One-X Portal, Workplace, etc. can all be used as a softphone. I've gone cross-eyed trying to figure out how to enable CallControl Softphone. I've had a ticket open with Avaya for a week and still haven't gotten a response beyond "give us all this information that you've already given us and a bunch of stuff that has no bearing on your issue that we haven't even glanced at and we'll get back to you".

Am I missing something simple here; am I delusional; any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Tyler

Some people suffer from mental illness. I try to enjoy every minute of mine, it's everyone around me that I'm concerned may be suffering.

For User Portal Call Control you need to enable it in the user settings:

Screenshot_2023-11-16_at_1.01.12_pm_ycgxgv.png

Once done the user can select the mode in their User Portal settings:

Screenshot_2023-11-16_at_12.59.08_pm_ptncfu.png

Is that what you were after?

I don't think IP Office User Portal can be used as a softphone with the IP500 V2, that only works with Linux-based IP Office systems. For softphone, it acts as a WebRTC client and needs to connect to WebRTC services that only exists on Linux-based systems (and its a different WebRTC service than the one provided by one-X Portal for Spaces Calling WebRTC connections).

With an IP500 V2, I think Call Control is your only option, the user still needs to have another phone device for the audio connection.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I have my User Portal settings page up in Manager but don't have a softphone option available with Allowed Call Operations. I've just noticed that the User Portal works on the 500v2, but on the Linux Avaya App Server, it throws an unavailable error. If the One-X and User portals can't be used as softphones, is there something Windows PC or iOS based that will?
Screenshot_2023-11-16_020249_s4zelf.png
Screenshot_2023-11-16_020553_hx4ljw.png

Some people suffer from mental illness. I try to enjoy every minute of mine, it's everyone around me that I'm concerned may be suffering.

Workplace

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Good point Sizbut.

Workplace connects to the IPO and doesn't need a server. You can use it as softphone or to control your deskphone.

How are you planning to use a softphone?

I have a handful of employees who work from home 99.99% of the time. Halfway across the country and halfway around the globe. I must admit I'm an old Nortel guy, helped build SPCS with them and I could make Norstars, Meridians, and MTX's perform miracles . 10 years ago I became an entire IT department and inherited this IPO with probably half of its licensed features completely unconfigured. I even asked the company who maintains our IPOSS to send me a salesman to try to sell me the system so I had a clue as to what it can do. No luck. :/ At any rate, I have had so many intermittent undocumented features give me fits when I deployed a 9641GS at my home sitting behind a hardware P2P VPN to the office (using Untangle - now Arista Edge Threat Management), that I THOUGHT it had to be easier to use one of the Softphone solutions than to have to set each of the users up with the Home ver. of the NGFW for VPN, especially when I'm not even sure at the moment if I can call a user with the same setup as I have from my home VoIP line. From the office I can call both extensions without fail however, my home ext. to his home ext. or his to mine didn't always work and its been to long since I've needed to that I've forgotten the status of that. I've also had no luck trying to get the built-in VPN in the phones to connect to the Arista. If there are easier ways, PLEASE let me know. I keep threatening myself to actually go through an IPO training... in my copious spare time.

I've been using old threads from this site for 10 years helping me figure out the IPO - which I actually freaking LOVE. I finally joined yesterday. So 1st THANK YOU for all the help you didn't know you were providing me, and a million more thanks for any and all assistance now and in the future. People helping each other - what can't the rest of humanity work like this?

Cheers,
Tyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back