Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable Radius on Dell PC2808

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjackosn

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2012
US
I am trying to enable RADIUS in management security. I have entered the settings for a RADIUS server with the server IP address, port number, and key. On my server I have added the device as a RADIUS client and enable a policy to allow user groups to login to the switches. I am using the same policy to access a PC6224 switch on the same network via RADIUS. When logging into the 2808 with a network password I recieve an invalid username and password error. The event viewer on my server does not indicate a request has been made for authentication from the device. The issue persist with telnet and web interface. I have the most current firmware. I believe the login request is being handled locally and not moving onto the external server. I am not currently using VLANs.

Am I missing a setting to enable RADIUS login from http?

Radius Settings

IP Address 192.168.10.4
Priority (0-65535) 0
Authentication Port (0-655355) 1812
Number of Retries (1-10) Default
Timeout for Reply (1-30) Default
Dead Time (0-2000) Default
Key String (0-128 Characters) **********
Source IP Address Default

Default Parameters

Default Retries (1-10) 3
Default Timeout for Reply (1-30) 3