Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable macros in Access Runtime automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

livvie

Programmer
Apr 20, 2004
IE
Hi
Does anybody know how to Enable macros in Access Runtime automatically. I am packaging my app for users who do not have Access installed. They don't link having to enable the macros when they are installing - anything I can do ?

Please give more information. What do you mean 'enable macros'? Are these some type of configuration macros that have to be run before a user can use the db? Or is it something that needs to be done each time the db is opened?

Regards
Rod

I have two macros in my application and when a user opens the app they get a message for each macro asking them to either enable or disable macros. The users do not have Access on their machines. This also happens if you have an Excel app with macros. It is a warning message from Microsoft. Maybe there is nothing that can be done.

I believe you are right about it coming from outside the app. I have never seen that in Access while I have seen it in Word/Excel. Possibly there is a virus checker which is preventing these from running? I would look to some other event in the environment.

Regards
Rod

This is a Problem with Macro Security. I think I'm right in saying that Office Programs from 2000 on have a macro security check to combat "bad" macros that attempt to gain control of the machine. As soon as an Access db is opened it will be checked to see if it contains macros, when it does the user gets a warning about macro security.

This can be subdued by either digitally signing your db and or updating the JET database and the MDAC to the latest versions. Both available from MS in the downloads section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back