Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable/Disable "AllowByPassKey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice24

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have the function code for Enabling/Disabling the "AllowByPassKey" in a custom ACCESS application.

My search of Help files, the MicroSoft Website, and my ACCESS 2000 bible seem to lead me in circles without telling me where/how to run or intiate the function code to enable or disable the "AllowByPassKey".

Can anyone speak in laymen terms on this issue?

The "AllowByPassKey" function allows users to bypass any forms that load when your database is kicked off (by pressing the shift key as the database is loading) and get straight at your database tables.

To get the function to disable this working you have to call the function in your code from an AutoExec macro. In the macro, before any other command, set a RunCode action to call your function. This will disable the "AllowByPassKey".

Hope this helps,

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back