Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

enable\disable connection via proxy option in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorh13

Instructor
Sep 18, 2000
GB
I am a network manager with a number of laptop users (myself included). We have a proxy server at work that users must connect to and so the client systems are configured that way. When the laptop users try to connect over their own ADSL links at home they are obviously unable to do so (unless of course they change the proxy option). This wasnt a problem previously as when they were at home they connected through dial up which has different options.

What I was wondering if anyone had a script or knew of were I could find one that could be ran which would look at the ip address that the system had, calculate the network address and if it was found to be that of the company network assign the connect through proxy option. If the ip address did not fall on the company lan then disable the connect through proxy option.

I would love to be able to write this myself but my scipting skills are next to non-existant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back