Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enable asterisk to route avaya 403 H323calls out iax trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyb2008

Programmer
Apr 16, 2009
GB
Hi, hope you can help

Im hoping to connect an avaya system to my asterisk box. What i am looking for is to allow the avaya users to dial an outbound pstn number as usual,
a) the call to be routed to asterisk via H323(ill research how to do this from avaya sources),
b) for asterisk to route the call back out down an IAX trunk
c) for asterisk to record the call

Ive seen some examples of setting up an Asterisk side connection to H323 trunk for Avaya phone system, tailored to allowing extensions of the two systems to call each other, but what else would be required at the asterisk end to allow rerouting the call while still being able to record it?

Regards

Gary

The h323 connection will probably be the most difficult.
I tried doing this about a year ago, finally gave up and used a PRI connection between the two.

Had difficulty getting the PRI to work as well. Ultimately, configured as a wink/wink T1 and this worked like a champ.

The Asterisk box acted as a SIP gateway for the Avaya and ultimately was used for remote users to access the phone system as well.

If i did set up the h323 connection, which files would i modify to route the incoming avaya calls out the iax trunk?

Just set up your route, nothing special. Once the digits are sent via avaya, route.

I would suggest using trixbox as forum is huge and gui makes changes easy, less command line entry.

Check this forum, believe someone said they got h323 working, but beware a lot of mis-information using google searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back