Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMULATORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

data1

Programmer
Aug 19, 2003
NZ
Does anyone no where I can find a site with screen shots for both mail clients for MACS as well as for OS for macs as I need these for setting up things on macs

IS there any sites that you can go to for Intenet connections for all Mac OS Systems

Do you mean what ISP can you use to connect a Mac to the Internet? Answer: I've not found one yet that can't.

I think even AOL (shudder) supports Macs on dial-up...

Chip H.

What I Was actually meaning was is there any good screen shot sites of Mac OS as I would like to learn a bit more about them and setting them up to connect to the Internet and how to connect there various mail Programes to Internet

Get a Netgear DG834 firewall. Connect it to the Internet. The Mac uses DHCP and just works. Job done.

There's nothing to learn.

If on high speed internet, plug in router to net connection, plug in ethernet wire from router to computer. When setting up a new machine, Apple just leads you through it and it's done. To change settings, just open System Preferences/Network and click the Assist me button. That's it.

On dial up, just install the software for the ISP and it eill automaically configure.

For any email program, just start a new account, enter the smtp and pop info and it's done. For ISP mail (like AOL) just start an account.

Setting these things up is a joke - always been as simple as anything you can possible do.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back