Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Empty Date returns current date!!! How to check for Empty values

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkk

Programmer
Jan 7, 2008
US
Hello,
Empty Date parameter returns current date, i need to validate the date entered, how do i find out value is not entered.

I can not make them REQUIRED, there are 2 dates and 2nd one required if 1st one entered like that.

thanks,
KK

You could always give the first prompt a ludicrous default date that would never be used (say 1st Jan 1900) - then check for that and process as required

Thanks alot. yes i thought..
But default value shows up in the screen that might confuse users..bec it is Option Date search field.

what i did is ..empty date field is returning Current Time,
So in my Start() method i check for =Time ,If so then i assume user not entered any date. So right now its working
but i did not upload to system and check it.May be system Time and Input default time may be different, i am not sure!!

If user enters something then only that Date will come not Time ,So i am making use of that ..(but thr is a option where user can select timestamp!!!,if he did then i am gone:))

you can check this at the start methoda of the report if the date is blank ther then convert it string and assign blank value to it. I think dis is the way it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back