Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Employee scheduling package needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkle

Programmer
Feb 11, 2004
US
I have been contacted by a non-profit organization that is having problems with organizing their volunteers to keep their employee schedule filled. I think that their best bet would be a web-based app where employees can hit a link and view slots currently taken, and be able to sign up for shifts.

I have been looking all weekend for an employee scheduling package written in PHP, because I am most familiar with PHP when it comes to web scripting languages. I'm kinda strapped for time these days though, and I don't know that I want to take the time to write one from scratch. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the course of writing one with another tektips member (seoandy). it currently allows for:

1. the creation of jobs (tasks)
2. the assignment of employees to those tasks (and handling employee holidays).
3. each job is half day in duration
4. it works best when there are fewer than 10 employees just because otherwise the interface becomes untidy. this can be fixed if necessary.
5. the whole interface is built on PDO so can support any PDO supported database. the PDO calls i have used mirror the MDB2 calls so technically MDB2 supported databases are also compatible.
6. the whole interface is based on a calendar metaphor and uses drag and drop to assign employees to tasks etc.

It's not really mine to offer but if (a) you think it might meet your needs and (b) seoandy is willing then i can post a link to the site where it is currently in beta testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back