Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Employee Discounts Limits per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcampagna

Programmer
Apr 10, 2007
US
I have a site that wants a 25 dollar per day discount per owner, no problem (for first ticket). However I need to know how to program it so that if they open another ticket say for dinner, after they have used thier 25 dollars for lunch, that it will let me know that they have reached thier limit. I was wondering if there was a way to track this amount by employee and not by check number. Hope this wasn't confusing and thanks in advanced to you experts out there!! Helped me out a lot before!!

LJ

My mistake, I should have thought to put that there, what are you guys mind reader? Sorry about that.

It's a Micros Ver. 4.0 Hotfix 3 system 3700

any help would be great.

That would require a SIM talking to a server based back end storage system to track the discounts on a daily basis. Not something you can program in with the vanilla system.

Mark Tutt
Ramblings of a POS Consultant

So does this mean I am stuck to offering them GCards? Or how can i get this sim to work?

How can I get this sim or create this sim? Any help would be great and I can research it on my own.

LJ

You'll have to have a SIM written that can access the Micros database, and a table and stored procedure to hold, process and purge discount requests. Somewhere in the docs for Res4 is a section on using an API for database access from a SIM.

Here's one way to do it.
POS Side:
- Make the employee button a call to your new SIM.
- When it's called it will send the employee id, check # and $ to a stored procedure.
- Assign the return value from the stored procedure to a variable.
- If the return is > 0, apply that amount of discount to the check. You can add pop-up messages if the amount left doesn't cover the check if you want.

Database Side:
-Add a new table in the database with columns for business date, employee id, check #, and amount.
-Add a stored procedure that accepts the employee# and check amount.
-When called, the procedure would
-- sum up the discount amounts for the day for that employee
-- subtract it from 25, the result being the discount balance for the day.
-- Return either the check amount or the discount balance, whichever is lower.
-- Write the date, employee id, check# and return amount to the new table.

I'd use the employee sequence number as the id to keep things consistent.
You'll also have to write a procedure to purge the data from the new table. This could be added to the end of night.

Hope that helps get you started.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back