Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eMG80 ignore language choice on voicemail prompt, keep playing in English instead Italian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Federico Boldori

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2016
IT
Hi, i've a problem on a eMG80 ([Version] Appl(R3.5.21), Boot(2.0Da), Kernel(R1.1.32), H/W(0)) that ignores the language of a voicemail prompt: it keeps playing it in English (First/GS20Ab) instead using the settings (Fifth/IT10Fa)

In station VM attributes (PGM 127) of the voicemail station (number 219) i've selected Prompt5 for Multi Language and Pre-Sel Msg Language.
But if i call the station 219 (it's a virtual station, nothing is connected to that number, we use it only for the VM function) we hear the message in English ("I'm sorry, the user is unavailable, please leave a message. After Recording your message etc..").

This Station is set as an Overflow Destination in a Station Group (this station group has only one station inside, say 220)
the aim is to have a station for voicemail that send us via email the message (This part is working)

Thank you

Sounds like you need to record over the generic greeting on the mailbox which would be in english. Dial your voicemail pilot, put in the mailbox number (say 219), and change the greeting to like 1 second of silence, this should resolve your issue.

if its all the mail boxes just delete every language and only upload the italian one . might be easyer .

Try configuring it on the Zone Management. it could be that the zones the phones are in are in an english VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back