Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emetrotel - FXO 8 port card use in Galaxy Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoJHK

Systems Engineer
Nov 16, 2017
HK
Dear Expert,

Can FXO 8 port card use in Galaxy Express?

Yes, the same PRI/FXS/FXO expansion cards can be used in both the Galaxy Express and the Galaxy Expand chassis.

Why I could not detect the PSTN card after I insetting the FXO card into Galaxy Express?
I knew that it should be programmed as a SIP trunk but do I miss something before?

The PSTN Cards page cannot show the FXO card that is in the Galaxy Express because it only shows internal cards in the UCX server (Galaxy Mini, Galaxy 250 or whatever you have).

The 8 port FXO card that is used in Galaxy Express is an independent network device connected over IP. This card connects to the UCX server using the SIP protocol (and therefore is configured as a SIP trunk). You configure this card separately from the UCX server using its own management GUI.

When Galaxy Expand was introduced, you could order USB connected FXO cards (A1008). These cards could be used in the Expand chassis only and were replaced by the FXO 8-port SIP Gateway card that is available now.

Where to find the IP address of the target FXO8?
Use the ip address of the Galaxy Express?

Galaxy Express is just a "dumb" chassis that does not have any IP address. Only the cards in the chassis do.

By default FXO gateway cards should get IP addresses from the DHCP server. So, you could check your router (or where you run the DHCP server for your network) if the card is listed in the list of DHCP clients.

If the FXO gateway card cannot get an address from DHCP, I believe it will default to the IP address 172.16.99.x where the x is the slot number in the chassis. So, you could try 172.16.99.1 or 172.16.99.2 to see if the card defaulted to one of these addresses. Note: before trying to access the card using the 172.16.99.x addresses, you'd need to configure your network adapter on your PC to have an address on the subnet 172.16.99.0/255.255.255.0 (for example 172.16.99.200).

Fianlly I got the FOX card worked for inbound and outbound calls by connecting the analog circuit from avaya CM.

Can FXO card send 48V from port # to the telco?
Once the the loop was activiated the FXO can send digit to the telco for outbound calls.
Or the FXO card can receive digits for the inbound calls.

IF I connected the analog line circuit to the FXO port, how can I send digits (different extension no.) to the UCX250 through this incoming port? Since it will ring this incoming port after I dial the analog line extension.

All inbound calls routed to catch_unhandled extension

Use the Analog Port DIDs page to assign a DID (of your choice) to the analog channel(s). After that, configure inbound route(s) for the DID(s) to route the calls to the desired destination.

DID's on analog trunks?
How does that work, there is no signalling for what number the call is or is there something new?
Or do you assign simply certain trunk ports to certain users?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

You can assign a DID to each analog trunk channel. You can assign the same DID to multiple channels or specific DID to each channel. The association of the DID is with that specific trunk - hence, there is no signaling needed for that. Once the DIDs are assigned, the system can handle routing of calls over analog trunks, digital trunks and IP trunks in exactly the same way (based on the DID).

Seems it's like old school DID's that came in on analog lines which were inbound only, POT's for outbound.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Sorry to be thick here but does that mean 1 DID per analog line?

Then it is not a DID it is just faked by using the incoming number and pointing it to an extension.

Or do I completely misunderstand how this is working, seeing that it is Friday that is always a possibility

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

You can use a unique DID for each analog trunk - or you can use the same DID for all analog trunks - or several DIDs for several analog trunk groups. It's completely up to you and depends on what you want to achieve.

You can call it a fake DID - and why not, it is not a real DID that would come from a digital or IP trunk. But does that really matter? The DID can be any digits you want - it does not need to match an extension number. You could use one digit DID or 10 digit DID - or you could match an extension that is supposed to receive calls from that specific trunk. Again, up to you...

Once there is a DID associated with the call, you can then define an inbound route that will route the call to wherever you want (extension, right group, time condition, IVR, voicemail, ....).

Thanks ucxguy
still not making a whole lot of sense but I will read it again tomorrow and see if that helps.
I will go home and have a gin and tonic and lean back for a while.
Thanks again for trying to get it into my thick skull.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

E-MetroTel's Galaxy Express Chassis using E-MetroTel's FXO card?
🤷‍♀️😳🤔🙄😰🤷‍♀️...
Unless you're using an external Analog Trunk Gateway...
My understanding is FXO card/s can only be used in the Galaxy 250/Mini UCx main unit, or directly 🤔 in E-MetroTel's Galaxy Expand 🤔 UCx 11 slot machines...
E-MetroTel's Galaxy Express Chassis can only use DSM16 card/s, FXS card/s, or PRI card/s ...
Please 🙏, correct 🙏 me 👏 if I'm wrong 🙏... ?
I stand corrected 💯 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back