Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency service type

Status
Not open for further replies.

berpen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2004
US
Is there a way to configure the attendants to hit a button on their console where they can activate incoming calls to go to a back up site.....For example, we recently had to evacuate the building and our phones were not put in Night Service. We would rather have the option in situations like these to have our attendants hit a button and all calls (lets say) go to Atlanta.

our sites are linked via DCS. We are able to change it manually by just changing the vector to point to the atlanta site. The Telecom dept. (mainly myself) had to evacuate and could not configure the system. I want to give that option to our consoles. Thanks

Make them agents... Have them log-in, then if not answered the calls will route to the next destination - if programmed correctly. They did this at our old company, before I was supporting Telecom.

I'm sure these folks out here can assist in the programming of that.

Thanks,
Chrsi

Thanks for your response...Avayaman, I cannot open the link you provided. When I click on it it just takes to tek-tips index page....The second night button is exactly what i am looking for.....

Thanks

Thanks a bunch Avayaman that should do it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back