Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency Paging System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromeplated

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2015
CA
On our Cs1000 ver 7.6, we have an emergency system setup, so that when an employee punches in a certain 3 digits, a specific route opens, they can speak their emergency, it is then played over the PA system. After their message, an external number is dialed, which is our security gate.
I am trying to find out where that external call is configured, I need to change the number that is being dialed.

Thanks

The easiest way might be to log into the system and go into LD 20 to do a DNB and look for the 3 digits that is dialled. It could be that it has been configured to use a ACD queue and night forwarded to the external call or via a Phantom DN and even a Hunt Group etc. You might find that the call goes into Voicemail or Contact Centre etc.

Having said that it may well be that you have some feature configured in Call Pilot where the call is answered and perhaps in the application builder, you might have the external number stored or it could be that the number is routed back out onto the CS1K programming and altered in one of the areas as mentioned above.

You will need to do some more checking to find this all out and I would write down each stage of the routing so that you know how it works.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I'm guessing the external paging system is probably the device dialing the external #

I found the number being dialed (in Element Manger)under "Emergency Services-Access Numbers and Routing".
I have removed the "Default Calling Number", but when we initiate the emergency call sequence we still hear ringing.

So it would appear the paging system is dialing 911 ? And was being routed via the ESA Data Block. Now that you removed that then it is following the 911 programming in BARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back