Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emergency Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeleLion

Technical User
Jan 4, 2006
US
I need to allow caller ID internally but block caller ID for external call over a PRI, except when calling 911 on that PRI where i want to send ANI information or caller ID.

TELEC3

In the UK, 141 shields CLI.

Send all calls over DEST x in LCR and 911 over DEST y (which is same PRI for both DEST).

DEST y has 141 to shield CLI, but not DEST x, so CIL is only shown on 911.

You can change A-Number in NUTRI for 911 to present different CIL.

best parnum

How can I shield CIL using RODDI: ADC = ? which bit?

TELEC3

In the UK if you put 141 before any number to PSTN it will shield CIL, you have that where you are? if so put PRE=141 on the DEST.

You can't shield in ADC of DEST, shield is in the ROUTE and it's the same ROUTE for all calls, so it will not work that way.

best parnum

*67 is the equivalent in the US for cell phone am not sure how to add the *, or even if that will work on the PRI.

TELEC3

ok :/ so not the same as in the UK, so I don't think you can work that way as although * is A in ADCOI, I don't think you can program in RODDI as part of PRE without checking Alex...

best parnum

You could take a trunk or two out of existing route and set as another route, point 911 in LCR to the DEST of these new route trunk(s) and block CLI in ADC on this route. I don't think there is a perfect way to do this.

best parnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back