Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emergency activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klees

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
US
I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I need one of you seasoned experts to verify for me.

In the event of an emergency closing and the emergency vector is activated... calls can still get thru to some stations if the DID is dialed and these calls will obviously go to voicemail. Is there a way using Modular Messaging or any other way to have a blanket announcement played stating that the building is closed for clients who dial in directly like this? thanks !

Not sure and maybe someone can chime that this is. I was looking through page 1090 of the Administrator Guide for Avaya Communication Manager. Chapter 7 Handling incoming calls. Maybe a trunk group night service.

Just thinking that their may be away to use this to send all incoming calls for a particular trunk group to an announcement pack or Val Board.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Hey, i got this one figured out. I am simply going to change the cov path to point to the emergency announcement, so instead of covering to vm it covers to the announcement. I have almost all stations set up on the same cov path as it is - if anyone has a better or quicker idea please let me know. thanks

I agree with Mickeydidit.

If you record an emergency annnouncement then add the announcement number on the night service tab of the incoming trunk group.

- ch inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group1 <for example>

Then add night service to a button on your handset.
When you press the night service button all incoming calls will route to your emergency announcement, press it again to revert to normal call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back