Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC SAN Beginner Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
A previous post was asking for training material recommendation for someone new to EMC SAN. Ref. previous thread: thread511-1000094

I too am a beginner this year. I've purchased a couple of the EMC "foudations" on-line training modules. Overall, they have left me disappointed by being too product overviewish and not getting in depth enough that I learned much in the way of useful technical product skills.

I purchase Storage Area Networks for Dummies. While not EMC specific, it's been much more information rich for getting a beginner introduced to all major aspects on managing a SAN. (and a lot cheaper too.)

I recommend Designing Storage Area networks by Tom Clark. Good book.

I got EMC certified E20-50 last week. That was a pain because I dont work for EMC or a company that would buy me EMC training and like you said, No EMC training or Certification books are available.

Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back