Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC list of events or traps. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcq

Technical User
Aug 18, 2011
PL
Hello.
I'm not expert in EMC but supposed to maintenance and monitor it and would like to understand event sending (SNMP traps).
Where I can find list of events (SNMP traps) send from EMC storage to monitoring system.
Is there any separate document than administrator's guide discussing monitoring?

What I'd like to understand is how is it configurable.
If events can be removed/disabled etc.
Thanks

I've done some research meanwhile and noticed that there is template which can be then assigned to SP for monitoring. In the template one can disable/enable in Advanced window.
As I understand there is no possibility to edit the list when is assigned already (as using for monitoring). So what can be done I assume is only stop using template, change and start using template. Am I right?

yes, you are correct. Also be aware that sometimes you will get messages saying can't stop monitor when trying to stop it. You can restart server management in setup which will fix that problem.

Hi cndcadams.
Thank you for tip.
I did more research.
The problem is that it is not possible to define variety of Description possibilities for particular event.
I don't know the algorithm.
BR. m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back