Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC CXI300 Expanding LUN issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

morg2k2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2008
PT
Hi Guys,

I´ve got a problem about expanding LUNs. The problem consists on the following:

I had 1 LUN with 30gb that needed to be expanded with an extra 30 GB, so i created another LUN with 30GB and made an made the expansion by stripe. The Metalun has been created efectively.

Then i expanded to the O.S. (In this case a Ms. Windows 2003 with SP1 server edition) with diskpart , and the expansion worked fine. at least it seems to.

Then i went to the disk management and i verify that the volume had 60GB effectively but on the drive letter assigned to that volume the size was the early 30gb.
I´ve contacted EMC here in Portugal but they seem to insist this is an O.S. issue and gave me some KB articles from Microsoft that basically are about how to use diskpart but the issue isnt that :( since diskpart worked fine.

So any ideas?

The flash version of the clarion is 2.19 , since now the 2.26 is the newer one they affirm that had nothing to do with it (beeing an older version).

Thanks for your time.

Paulo

Does the disk show up as being a 60 Gig disk with a 30 gig partition on it? You may need to rescan the SCSI bus on the server.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Hi Denny,

i´ve already rescanned the disks :)
but basically the volum itself has 60gb(status healthy) but if i go in the properties of the volume i only have 30gb.
thats the problem.

That's strange. Can you query it with diskpart and post the output?

List disk
list volume
list partition

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Windows is kind of funky about that stuff, I would detach the windows server and reconnect after the expansion has been made. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back