Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC Control Center Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naushaud

Technical User
Feb 3, 2005
US
Please let me know anyone's experience with ECC. We are a small organization with 2 MDS switches 9509s and 4 CX700s and planning to buy a monitoring tool for our environment. Some of the basic requirements are below. I've been hearing a lot of bad experiences with ECC, so any other recommendations for an alternate solution would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

-Root-cause analysis regarding disk I/O performance issues
-Centralized reporting regarding host/disk usage, space remaining based on different RAID types
-Ability to manage storage by characterizing workloads using multiple variables for problem identification, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
-Array monitoring and event notification by e-mails, page, etc.

ECC is work well if you would add on a StorageScope on it.
It would help you to do Daily, Weekly, Monthly or even Yearly capacity planning. From my experience, we don't trust their email alert.. unless you have to do a lot of fine tuning.

By the way, if you have experience in navisphere, if do help you to generate some reporting too. Eg, Raid group layout, unbind disk and total capacity on the CX.
At the same time, you can manage all of your storage in one Domain. This would allow you to one page to see all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back