Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EMC Clariion, steps to DR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfact

Technical User
Apr 7, 2004
GB
Hi all,

Please could someone give me the basics here.

I have 2 sites each with an EMC SAN, configured to replicate each other. Each site has some prebuilt spare servers but these are not configured to access the SAN volumes. If I loose a site, what are the steps required for DR? I know this is a bit vague, but just some basic steps would be very helpful as I am not familiar with EMC and would hate to be stuck in a situation should something fail.

Thanks

Are the spare servers connected to the SAN? I mean you have HBAs connected to the switches... If not, think to do it. If so, you can write scripts in order to create the Zonning, make secundary copies as primaries, include the LUNs in Storage Groups and include the servers in the required storage groups.

A bit vague, I know, but take a pencil and think the required steps in order to use the spare servers as production.

We are glad to help you.

BTW, there is a forum for EMC storage at
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back