Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embeding MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceZ

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
US
I have been trying to embed an MP3 song on my webpage where it would show as an icon/button and people could click on it start/stop the song from playing. I have tried so many different ways to do this, but none seem to play.
I have used

<p align=center><embed src=" hidden="false" border="0" width="310" height="45" autostart="true" autoplay="true" loop="false" volume="75%>

AND

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src=" quality="best" flashvars="audioUrl=http://www.XXXXXXXX.com/file/5n8dvzvh5q93/n/XXXXXXX_mp3" width="400" height="27"></embed>

And so many others, but none seem to work.

Can anyon pleasee help me to find something that will allow me to play this MP3 on my webpage (IE8).
Thank you for any help.

Hi,
try placing the code below where you want your sound to appear on the page

Code:
<div style="text-align:center;">

<embed src="[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.[/URL][COLOR=red]Link to your file[/color]" loop="true" autoplay="false" width="145" height="60"></embed>

</div>

You might be having problems if you put an <embed> tag inside a <p> tag but you can put it inside a <div> tag as above and style it as I have to centre it on the page.

Hopes this helps! It works in IE8 and Firefox for me

Steve

I'm having the same problem, I found at least ten mp3 players with html code I tried to put on my google blogger site, nothing works. I've never had this much trouble with embedding something. Can anyone help? My site is here and also code, thanks for looking

<object width="300" height="42">
<param name="src" value="<param name="autoplay" value="false">
<param name="controller" value="true">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<embed src=" autostart="false" loop="false" width="300" height="42"
controller="true" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"></embed>
</object>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back