Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding VB into VC++

Status
Not open for further replies.

swescott

MIS
Mar 27, 2002
US
Hello,
Is it possible to embed Visual Basic into Visual C++? If so would someone please point me in a direction for notes on it. I have two programs one written in VB and the other in VC++, I want to combined them into one project. I do not want to recode one to the other they are VERY large programs.

Thank You
in advance

Stefani :)

Well there is no way that I know of to embed VB code into VC. But if you made most of the VB program into an Active X control that would save you a lot of recoding. I have never tried this on a large scale like you seem to have here but It should work. And if your version of VB does not let you make Active X controls then you could still make DLLs I think that would save you a lot of work still. Compared to recoding the whole thing in C++.

Thank You AdamChamberlin, I believe that you are right the only way to do it is what you mentioned or just calling the VB.exe from inside the vc++ code. I possibly will have to recode some though to have them work properly together. I appreciate your response.

Thanks again,
Stefee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back