Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding report into body of email

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwirky

MIS
Apr 22, 2010
AU
Hi all,
We use CR2008 as well as Crystal Server 2008.
Can I create a report which I can then import to Crystal Server which when it is generated, it sends it as the body of the email?
All reports we currently schedule through Crystal Server are attachments (Excel or PDF) in an email. What we want is for the report to be seen in the email so that the recipients view the resultant data without having to open an attachment, it is just there when they open the email.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

When you set the destination for the report when scheduling it, there is an option toward the bottom of the page that reads "Deliver Document(s) as Attachment". Try unchecking the checkbox.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Tried that already. When i do, although CS says it has successfully run the report, I do not actually receive an email at all. (Conversly when I leave that checked, I do)

Have you installed all of the service packs for CRS 2008? Have you tried scheduling as just a Crystal Report without changing the format to PDF or Excel and unchecking the Attach Document box?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

You probably need to raise this issue with SAP support, then. I don't say this lightly because I have not had good experiences with them. If you have the patience to deal with the low-level folks who know next to nothing about the product, at some point they'll bounce it up a level, it will be identified as a bug, and will be targetted for a fix. Not that they'll tell you when it will be fixed - you'll have to check the fix pack release notes to find it.

-Dell

At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports Desktop Scheduling tools listed at: provides that functionality. It allows you to either embed the report export as HTML in the email message body or embed specific content from the report in the email message body (as simple text, HTML content, or even HTML tables based on fields/formulas from the Crystal report).

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back