Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding Excel components into Access Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQSunshine

Technical User
Jan 25, 2007
US
What I am trying to do is export data from my Access database to an Excel spreadsheet which updates charts on the Charts worksheet, and then open an Access report with the Charts worksheet embedded. So my question is: Is there a way to embed part of an Excel worksheet into an Access Report? I know how to embed an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document and when the Excel spreadsheet is updated, so is the Word document (they are linked). Can I do the same type of thing with an Access Report? Thanks for any help you can give me.

I've never done that.

I have done it with powerpoint though.

What I used to do was highlight my chart in excel, copy it, go to PowerPoint, right click, and use paste special.

Actually, I just did it in Access. Use paster Special, Paste Link, Choose Excel Chart in the window.

Updating the data in excel changes the report data.

Tyrone Lumley
SoCalAccessPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back