Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

embedding a javascript library and NN

Status
Not open for further replies.

49er

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
US
I have a javascript library that contains a function to rewrite a page with a series of document.write statements. In the newly written page, I want to access functions that are in the same javascript library that wrote this page. I have included this statement:

newcontent += &quot;<script language='JavaScript' src='newcontent += &quot;alert('I need to make use of a returned var ' + someReturnedVar&quot;;

However, this causes NN 4.x to lock up. Has anyone experienced something similar? I need to use several functions in this library file but I don't want to have to rewrite all of them. One thought was to just set a window.location to a page that I create with html but I don't know how to also pass the returned variable with it.

Help!! and thanks.

try :
newcontent += &quot;<script language='JavaScript' src='javascript/nhood_fxns.js'></script>&quot;;
(or whatever the relative path is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back