Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedding a field into the “Total” label of a cross-tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2001
CA
Hello!

I am using CR10. I have a crosstab that looks like this:
Prod1 Prod2
Jan 09 01/05/2009 1 2
01/30/2009 1 3
Total: 2 6

Feb 09 02/01/2009 0 1
02/03/2009 2 2
02/20/2009 2 1
Total: 4 4
Grand Total: 6 10

I would like to change subtotal labels Total: to
Jan 09 Total: and Feb 09 Total: and etc.

Is it possible to do? and if yes, then how?

Thank you.
Julia

This is not the perfect solution for what you are asking hwoever did you try to indent row labels..

Rightclick on cross tab -->Crosstab expet-->Customize style --> Check the Indent Row labels..

I have Crystal XI

I can right click over the label and click "Edit Text" and make my changes.

Hi!

Thanks for your suggestions.

njahnavi,
I did try Ident, but as you said, it is not perfect.

CaptainD,

I, also, can Edit the text, the problem is this text should be dynamic and based on some kind of formula. That I can not get to work.
If I just insert a field into text box, then the cross tab just prints last group's name in the all subtotals labels and I can not use currentfieldvalue function because it can be used only in the formatting formulas and Display String option is not available for Text box.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.
Julia

Since that's a text box there's not much you can do with it. You could add a second summary field where you format it using display string to display:

gridrowcolumnvalue("monthyr") //whatever your row field is

You would have to suppress and resize the inner cells of the summary to minimize the height, and then the row label would repeat within each column, but at least it would be dynamic. So it would look like:

Total Jan 09 Jan 09 Jan 09
2 6 8

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back