Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail - Time Profile Destinations Take Priority over "Set Hunt Group Out Of Servic 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello,

I have a customer that has the following request - they have Embedded Voicemail.

So basically they want a Time Profile that after hours will send the calls to an answering service destination.

So within the Hunt Group, I set the Fallback "Night Service Destination" that follows the time profile to a user that forwards unconditional to their off-site answering service.

They would also like a Fallback "Out of Service Destination" that forwards calls to another one of their locations that is activated with a button.

The question is, If they have an active "Out of Service Destination" that forwards calls to their other location, will the time profile that sets the Fallback "Night Service Destination" to the Answering Service override the "Out of Service Destination"?

Perhaps set the "Night Service Destination" that is following the time profile in the ICR?

Basically we want the "Night Service Destination" to the answering service to override the "Out of Service Destination" that forwards calls to another one of their locations if that happens to be active.

Embedded voicemail doesn't make any difference.

The incoming call is directed to a group.
There is a time profile that dictates when the group is in service, and outside of that time profile it is automatically in Night Service

Add a Set Hunt Group Out of Service button for that group to a phone, and the call to the group will follow the Out Of Service destination regardless of the time profile.

TouchToneTommy: So If I am understanding correctly, what I want to happen is not possible.

We have a time profile that controls sending the calls to their after hours answering service, which is important to happen after hours as they are a medical clinic.

This time profile sets the Night Service Destination, which makes since.

So we have employees that decides to forward all the calls to one of their other location and leaves for the day forgetting to un-forward the calls.

Now its after hours and the "Out of Service" Destination is still active, which would be overriding the time profile that should be sending the calls to their answering service, correct?

Well then set the night out of hours in the ICR instead
That way the icr will control the night service at night.
The OOS will control the call during the day if it’s set.[pre][/pre]

Hi Snowman50: Thank you. I asked that in my original post if that would work.

So I put the Time Profile in the ICR and if outside, it forwards to the Answering Service, regardless of what is set in the Hunt Group because it will never make it there, correct.

That would be correct.
The ICR will work from the bottom up..
It your OOH is the last one and it’s the correct time then that will come into action first.

You will find a lot of posts regarding the ICR time profiles.

Touchtonetommy..will probably tell you exactly how to do it.

His responses are usually quite detailed as he has done many responses to this type of scenario.

Hi snowman50,

Thank you, I got it working perfectly.

Glad you got it sorted.

But I must admit most of my posts come from the experience I gain from touchToneTommy and others.

snowman50: Agreed. TouchToneTommy has always been great, along with a few others. I recently changed my Handle from AegisTech as I left that company :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back