Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail - Remote Access to HG Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrichtx

MIS
May 20, 2012
US
Hi Guys-

This has to be the simplest thing to set up - no idea why it's not working and I'm stumped. Customer has an IPO v2 6.0. Two ananlog lines. Incoming calls ring HG 11, and if no one answers, call go to the mailbox for HG11. I have a call waiting indicator set up on all 14xx series phones, so they can tell when there's a message in the "general mailbox."

The problem is that when you call in from the outside world, you can't access the mailbox to retrieve the messgaes. I've tried it with a SC of *1 and the standard *17. The short codes work from internal phones, but not from cell phones. I was wondering if this is a DTMF issue? I feel like a moron because this should be something pretty easy to set.

Customer is not using AA as it adds too much complexity for them. They are a 5 person office with 4 phones, so a single HG and VM box is config we came up with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

How would you access the VM from external as all external calls go to the leave message in the group mailbox?

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

You can't do it from a hunt group mailbox. You could set it up via the attendant or via a personal mailbox though.

For a personal mailbox: If inbound group rang x10 and you put lines on the other phones to ring, they would all still ring. Then you can set-up x10's breakout of 3 to *17. If they call up and get x10's mailbox, press *03 and they get to *17. A password obviously has to be set-up for x10 in this scenerio for remote access. And of course, the other phones will no longer get the message waiting indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back