Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

embedded voicemail randomly transfers callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

headcase69

Programmer
Nov 2, 2011
US
hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has had a problem with embedded voicemail randomly transfering while the AA greeting is playing?

IP 406v2 5.0.26
embedded voicemail

when a call comes in, the AA answers and starts playing the main greeting. sometimes the call is transfered without the caller pushing anything.

any help would be great.

rerecord the main greeting :)
had this happen a few times and sometimes it was the voice causing it and I had to even change the person recording the greeting to fix it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Hi Headcase69,

I also have had this happen to me on a couple of occasions and the cure i found was to just rerecord the greeting as Westi said.

APSS - SME Communications
ACIS - SME Communications
ACSS - SME Communications
AIPS - Avaya IP Office

I concur as well. I've had this happen and a re-record fixed it. It's possible either the persons voice or something in the background when it was being recorded is being picked up as a touch-tone and causing the transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back