Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded video all in first frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

christheprogrammer

Programmer
Jul 10, 2000
CA
Hi all,

- Flash MX question-
I have some large embedded quicktime video files (~4mb). I noticed that using the bandwidth profiler, all the video content is in the first frame if the video is part of a symbol. So, streaming is totally out?! This makes no sense, there must be a way to stream the video when it is part of a symbol. I tried a preloader, actually I tried several but they don't work at all in this case because the first frame contains all the video.... I am baffled here - I tried just importing the video which does actually distribute the frames but I need it as a symbol... Any ideas?
TIA
Chris

Later

Import it in a movie clip.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Thanks for responding, but no dice -
Here is the most simple example.

I have a clean (new) project. Import the video file (Embed it). Now my timeline has around 200 frames of video. The type of the imported video is "Embedded video". Now I test movie and check out the bandwidth profiler, which shows a more or less even distribution across all the frames. This is good.

Since this is not a movie clip, it cannot be controlled by buttons (play, stop, pause, etc.) by the end user so I press F8 to convert it to a "movie clip" symbol. Seems fine. But when I check the bandwidth profiler, ALL the content of the clip is in the first frame now (all 4mb). So my conclusion with what I know is that having an embedded quicktime movie which is controllable and streamed is not possible. Also, a preloader will not work because all the content is in the first frame.

Am I lacking some knowledge here?
Thanks again

Later

Thanks but I don't think that will help - I am running these swfs inside another swf...

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back