Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded plug-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lise

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
CA
We have created a document in Macromedia Dreamweaver website which contains Flash , Authorware pieces. In order to run this website, the flash/authorware plug-ins/players are required. The question is whether the plug-ins/players can be embedded into the website. Remember that we do not have a web server therefore the information is residing on a lan/network. Also, we do not have the capability to download information from the internet as freely as we wish. We are currently internet explorer as a browser and we are now on Windows 95 and soon to be Windows XP.

I know this isn't a direct answer to your question, but you could just store the files locally on your server, and link to them normally. I mirror a product technical support site for our company on our local Netware 4 fileserver, and it works flawlessly with IE 4 and up for our CS dept. right over their regular LAN connection.

I'll look into the embedded plugins and respond if I find anything.

Good Luck!
CG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back