Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded pictures - how to group with text (caption) box

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSCboulder

Technical User
Oct 6, 2008
DE
Embedding a picture in the text makes it flow with the text. However, if you have a text box under the picture which is not embedded that will NOT flow with text. When I group the picture box with the caption text box, that grouped item will NOT embed into text. So short of making the text part of the image (which doesn't render very well)

HOW TO make the caption text box under an embedded picture flow WITH the picture with the text?
thanks,

JSCboulder

...which version of quark are we referring to here?

...in quark 6 and above you can group a picture box with a text box, then select with the item tool, copy, then switch to the text tool and paste the grouped object into a text frame...

...you can also specify whether text runs around it on the ascent or baseline, and further control the runaround options in the modify dialog...

Andrew

Hi,
we're talking about Passport version 6. Everything you have answered is true to the point of specifying whether text runs around it on the ascent or baseline. In my version 6, when the picture is grouped with anything, that option does NOT appear anywhere in the modify menus. Normally in the runaround menu there is a line of tabs at the top of the dialogue box, the first of which is "box" - and that contains the option for ascent or baseline. When the object embedded is grouped however, this option for ascent or baseline simply is not there.
?
thanks,
JSC

...you need to select the objects with the item tool, pressing command + M reveals the modify dialog, top left in the 'group' tab is align with text...

...the other way is if you click on the inline grouped object with the item tool, in the measurement palette you have two icons on the left hand side, they serve the same purpose as the modify dialog...

...if this fails to work for you, then i would question the version 6 you are running, and if your not in version 6.52 then i would recommend downloading it (free) from quark website here:

Andrew

...to further modify the runaround, you then need to select the 'individual' elements as opposed to the 'group', with the text/content tool, press command + T, and then modify the values for that selected items runaround...

...when you change a value in the modify dialog you can then press command + A, which saves you from having to go back in and out of this dialog to see the changes made...

...command + A is basically the shortcut to hitting the 'apply' button...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back