Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

embedded fonts in acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniec

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
GB
When exporting a work to acrobat an error box appears for two fonts that I am using stating that they have not been embedded and to install them BUT they are already installed in windows.
Is there a solution please
johnnie

It could be several things with the info you have given.
If you created this file on your computer and did a simple export to pdf and you got this issue then try the following and it also gives you some info on the reason why the font are not embedding...

Do a Preflight of the document. It will give you a dialog box and install the fonts on your computer. Then try this...
Click Find Font in the Fonts area of the Preflight dialog box, and search for, list, and replace fonts used in your document.

It could be one of the following reasons...

Incomplete fonts Lists fonts that have a screen font on the current computer but not a corresponding printer font.

Protected fonts Lists fonts that cannot be embedded in PDF or EPS files due to license restrictions. These are usually downloaded from the web for free (personal use only) and will not embed.

Thank you for the reply
I did the above and the fonts are listed no restrictions but they still will not embed
johnnie

...one workaround for troublesome fonts is to force embed them using distiller, this means printing to postscript (ensuring fonts are downloaded when printing), setting up distiller job options (under settings > edit adobe pdf settings), in the fonts tab you can force embed fonts from a specific location...

...if this still fails to embed, then you will likely need to find a substitute font that will embed or get a fresh copy from somewhere else (such as a back up disk)...

Andrew

Thank you very much for your reply. I will give it a go
johnnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back