Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

embedded color mismatch problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbazabba

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
GB
Hello there everyone..

I am using photoshop 7 on an emac. I was playing around with the colour calibration in system preferences and now when anyone brings in images from other machines i get the message "embedded profile mismatch".

The embedded colour profile is sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and the working profile is Adobe RGB (1998).

Now I want to change it back it doesn't seem to work.

I have tried opening 'displays' in system preferences, selecting the colour page and double clicked the appropriate display profile, but this doesn't seem to work.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be amazing!

Cheers!

Phil

Adobe 98 is probably where you want to be working. Just convert the imported images to the working profile. You can also set it to automatically convert them for you.

Photoshop > Color Settings > under 'Color Management Policies' > set to Preserve Embedded Profiles or Convert to Working Profile

Hello there

Thanks very much for the tip! Why is Adobe 98 better to work on? I'm trying to get the screen to look something like the printed results which seems quite difficult...

Also, Why was I having problems changing it back to the other profile?

Thanks alot!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back