Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Backup Software in Tape Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

cza2791

MIS
Sep 24, 2002
US
Does any one know if any Tape Library with any embedded backup software? I'm looking for a backup solution for a remote Windows 2000 server backing up approx. 60 gigabytes a day. I'm currently looking at a Dell PowerVault 122T but it does not have any embedded backup software.

embedded? not that i've ever heard of. I don't think it's possible. how exactly would you backup a server if the software resides on the media storage device? It's not like you can grab a copy of the win2k registry and other system params without having some client software installed on the machine itself.

Are you thinking of a NAS-type system where a Web GUI would be used to 'pull down' the data from other servers over the network?

I've never heard of such a system, but it sounds interesting.

I believe ATL had a product that had a embedded NT server that had software on it. Although I believe it was in a large library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back