Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

embedded auto attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyod_Broh

Programmer
Nov 18, 2022
US
Good Afternoon,
Im having an issue with an a Avaya IP Office 500 V2 embedded voicemail. (If more information is needed please let me know) I currently have it set to a time profile to where the AA answers on the spot after working hours. We are wanting to change it to where we could have it ring 3 times and then AA answer it at all times. I have tried a couple different ways such as make a phantom user that automatically forwards to the short code but I still couldn't get it to do what I want is just to simply have my hunt group ring three times, and the AA answer at all time. What am I missing?
Thank you!

This is slightly dependent on your software level. I'm going to give something that will work from R7 up. It gets a bit easier at higher levels, but this longer method will still work.

Create a short code that sends calls to the night AA.
Create a phantom "ToNightAA" user that is fwd unconditional (inc internal and huntgroup calls) to that short code.
Create a "NightAA" huntgroup, set it to sequential, and add that phantom user as the only member.
Create a "Night Ring" huntgroup, add your ringing members, and set the overflow to be the above huntgroup with an overflow time equal to the groups no answer time.
Set your ICR to point to the night ring huntgroup during your night time profile.

Calls coming in at night will ring the members of the night ring group, then hit the overflow forwarding group, which rings the phantom user, which is forwarded to a short code pointed at the night AA.

You can test various segments of this if you need to troubleshoot:
- dial the short code, get the AA
- dial the user, get the AA
- dial the nightaa group, get the AA
- dial the night ring group, rings then AA
- dial the main number, rings then AA

-Qz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back