Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded 9.1 Voice Mail to Email using LAN-1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2023
US
I have a 9.1 using 9611 handsets with the LAN 1 as the DHCP 192.168.42.1. I have only been able to get VMEM to work by plugging in a internet connection into LAN-2 and using the office IP address 192.168.1.55.

Is there a way that I can still have the IPO be the DHCP on LAN 1 and also use the LAN-1 to send VMEM? I can't seem to figure out how to get this to work.

When I plug in the internet to the router on LAN-1 192.168.42.1 it wont send using the gateway 192.168.1.1.

If this is possible how do you guys do this?

Thanks!

Am I right in assuming that the office network is 192.168.1.0/24 and the IP Office is the DHCP server for the phone subnet 192.168.42.0/24? It sounds like a flat network just with different subnets and the IPO is set to 'Avaya Clients Only' in DHCP Server. It's not working because the LAN1 subnet 192.168.42.0/24 does not allow for the gateway IP 192.168.1.1.

If you are running like this then you will either:

- change the LAN1 IP and DHCP subnet to match the office network 192.168.1.0/24, then you will be able to send using LAN1 as it will be able to route directly to the gateway
- connect LAN2 with an IP inside the office subnet as you mentioned and send outside traffic using LAN2 - this uses the IP Office as a router which it is terrible at, so should only send the traffic required

You should really be isolating the phones into their own VLAN and using the router for DHCP anyway, but in a pinch either of the above should work

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back