Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embed Excel Workbook in Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendle666

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
GB
Hello

I have a workbook with lots of sheets in it, and I want to embed it into a webpage.

I've got the file loaded onto my OneDrive, picked the 'embed' option from the right-click menu and then followed the instructions.

All is well and good there, but my problem is that little icon at the very bottom of the embedded file on the web page which allows the viewer to view the full size workbook. Again I don't have a problem with that. But when it is open, at least from what I can see on my screen - there are options to share, download and edit that workbook. I don't want that to happen.

Is there any way to stop this? I did ask One Drive support and they said to pick the 'share' option from the right-click menu - which I did, selected to view only, however it's just a link. I did click the view embed instructions but nothing happens, there are no instructions.

I'm really getting at the end of my tether with this - can anyone help? I've attached a picture of the button I'm referring to.

thank you for helping

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a390922b-2c61-4244-8931-017511fdcc77&file=bottom_of_embedded_workbook.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back