Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails reappear after having been deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioLP

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2004
US
Using a mix of Outlook XP and 2K to read email from our exchange 2K server.

A couple users have some emails reappear after having been deleted. They will reappear every couple of hours and come for a couple days. I'm not sure where to go with this one. I haven't had this issue with my email box, and it's only about 3 out of 10 users who experience this maybe a couple times a week. The emails all have the same SENT date, the RECEIVED date varies. They also have the same message ID, which makes me think that this is an Exchange problem. I also have a public folder setup as a message archive, this gets copies of all emails that go in and out. This archive gets multiple copies as well.

The only thing that I can think of now is that we are running Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition w/ Symantec Mail Security, which scans all incoming mails.

This hasn't been an issue in the past and just recently has come to my attention in the last couple weeks.

Any ideas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back