Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails including images have content cleared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

theomen

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
GB
Hi,

I've been standing in as techie at work for the last few weeks after our previous techie left (I'm usually a programmer).

For a long time we've had a problem where when emails are sent with an image in the signature, the content is removed. The recipient sees no body to the email, and it is also blank in the sent items folder.

Nothing was ever done about this, and being new to Exchange Server, I've no idea whether there is something in there which is causing this problem, but its about time it was looked into and sorted. I've had a look around Exchange, and have picked up quite a few useful things, but can't find the cause of this problem.

The email client we are using is Outlook 2003, but I can't find anything in there either.

Does anybody here know of any settings that will cause emails to be blanked if an image is attached?

We received one through fine yesterday from a client, the email had images on the background, but when we replied to it the above problem occurred.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Damian

What format are people using in the Outlook client? Outlook Rich Text and HTML formats support images in the signature.

In Outlook 2003, Tools>Options>Mail Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back