Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email's encoding option not available in Outlook connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

13sio

Technical User
May 21, 2003
MO
Hi, my company have just built up a GroupWise 7.03 server which is running on SLES 10 SP1. Most of our users use MS Outlook 2003 with GW connector (included in GW 703 HP1 Win client Multilingual) installed as mail client. For some mails with non-english content, we cannot change into suitable encoding since the encoding options (View | Encoding) is grayed out. Any comment is appreicated.

My opinion is that if you want GroupWise full functionality, you need to use the GroupWise client. Outlook has many limitations, and the Connector can only fill some of the gap. I have never been too impressed with it.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

The reason we stick on Outlook connector is that most of our users get used to Outlook or Outlook Express. If i cannot solve the problems in connector, changing into GroupWise client is a solution.

Thanks for you reply.

Completely understand. Changing to the GroupWise client can be a learning curve, but once you do it I think you'll find that it is much more functional than outlook. You can get Quickstart cards or other GroupWise client training from Brainstorm, they have some good stuff that can really help the transition.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

My feeling of using Outlook connector for GW is not so good. The related resources i found on web are Quick Start on Novell official site and some no-answer questions.

marvhuffaker's advice is absolutely correct for me. i will use GroupWise client instead. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back